How to use WiMAX LED on HTC EVO for SMS/MMS notifications!Tips

Last Updated:

1. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Check it out!

How to use WiMAX LED on HTC EVO for SMS/MMS notifications

"Since the notification LED on the left side of the HTC EVO 4G's earpiece isn't customizable, you can't tell if a flashing green light means a missed call, SMS/MMS, email, alarm, reminder, or voicemail without turning on the phone and looking at the screen.
    Wouldn't visual notifications be more useful if the WiMAX LED on the right side of the earpiece displayed some of them too? Then you could get a better idea of what was going on more quickly and decide whether it was worth stopping whatever you were doing to deal with it. Text messages, for example, are almost always important, so why not assign SMS/MMS notifications to the WiMAX LED?

Here's how you do it:
    1. 1. Download bludragon742's WiMAX Notifier. The latest version (10.09.06), released earlier this week, doesn't require root and can be used for SMS/MMS (stock messaging app, Handcent, and Chomp have been tested). Later versions will support missed calls, Gmail, and voicemail. Install it on your EVO and launch it to adjust the settings.
    2. 2. Choose your desired LED color and blinking rate from the list: green slow, green glow, green & red alternate, orange glow, red solid, green solid, orange solid. Press Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Display -> Notification flash.
    3. 3. Uncheck the SMS/MMS option so that the standard notification LED does not blink when a message is received.
    Now whenever you get a new SMS or MMS, the WiMAX LED will let you know about it. And when the notification LED goes off at other times, you'll know it's not because of a text message"

2. SSmokybear

SSmokybear Well-Known Member

I didn't know this was released till this post. Thanks Man!
  3. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

Definitely helpful, thank you.
  4. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

Just installed this, thanks!
  5. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

It is a shame you have to register to get to it.... For whatever reason, it just won't let me register over there.
  6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Here ya go if you can't seem to register over at XDA. (Just make sure you do register over there, I can't find one reason why NOT to, they're awesome!!)

Attached Files:

kct1975, chicano, Race Harley and 3 others like this.
  7. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Sweet, thanks. I tried to several times and it keeps failing the image verification. I have never had one fail me before, it is all quite odd. Thanks for the hookup.
  8. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

This works like a champ! Yay!
  9. way2success

way2success Well-Known Member

Was waiting for this since quite some time. Never noticed it has been figured out... Thanks!
  10. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Even though this had been discussed before, I wasn't aware that it was made available for non-rooted phones! Thanks for posting!

Already downloaded onto my phone and test worked fine. Just need a new text to come in to verify that it works like I want it to.
  11. nake4

nake4 Member

s_special likes this.
  12. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

I installed it a few hours ago. 50k program but now that its been running i checked System Pannel and its 10.7 Meg running in the backround..
    is that supposed to be that big?
  13. rpd189

rpd189 Member

I uninstalled the program. Its a great idea and app but it slowed my phone down. It was very noticeable, when I uninstalled, my phone ran a lot quicker.
  14. fonseca898

fonseca898 Well-Known Member

I've been using it since the release. Works well but crashes occasionally.
  15. drexappeal

Mine crashes, but I think it's because of Juice Defender. Nontheless, it's a cool app, but I just uninstalled, since I don't really need it.
  16. trese01

trese01 Active Member

do you download it to your computer first then install it?
  17. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Put the .apk on your sd card then install the .apk using a file explorer.
  18. trese01

trese01 Active Member

How do I find it on my card? I can't find it. I am so sorry to sound lost but I am.
  19. drexappeal

If you downloaded the APK while browsing on your phone, it should be in the download folder on your SD card.
  20. trese01

trese01 Active Member

Thanks I got it
  21. trese01

trese01 Active Member

I think they deleted the reply they were about to make to me initially
  22. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

23. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

@bluelt1ss I still have it installed

@trese01 You're right...Also, good to hear you got it working.
  24. bluelt1ss

bluelt1ss Member

i installed it, seems to be working great so far - thanks!
  25. chillenandy321

chillenandy321 Well-Known Member

Crashes alot why is that??