• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Howdy from a GS3 user...

Just wanted to say hi.

Found the forum several times via Google when researching the capabilities of my phone.

First GS3 moment (on Day 1 of my GS3):
Mrs and me walking on a Zeeland beach (Breezand, NL).
Asked a passer-by to take us a piccie.
Was a Swedish tourist and first thing he said:
"Ah, yes, ok, I know, I have the Same".

Biggest impact of my GS3: I am a lot more fanatic in hiking since my phone tracks me.

Serious Dislike: world+dog seems to have access to my address book now. Soon I will have an app telling me: "Volkert vdG is now on Viber"
Dislike: my nokia battery used to last a week, GS3 needs a powerpack to survive a serious hike.

Like: Finally have good combination of PDA and phone. Been waiting for this since my first palmpilot.
Like: Translate-apps when attending meetings in languate I dont know yet.
Like: Speaktoit, lovely assistant.
Like: play paratrooper arcade game in lost moments (Wishlist: digger on android).

Got the JB upgrade last week and decided to go in and participate, mainly to see if I could get some questions answered...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones