• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC 2150 + Dremel + VZW Red Case

Working on the silicon cases is a little difficult but can be done. The edges likely won't be as clean as the plastic cases since you can't really sand the silicon down to smooth edges. Here was my attempt which took about an hour. I started with a smaller cutout and had to make three passes around the cutout to get enough cutout for the phone to sit properly within the cover.

Attachments

• DSC00897.JPG
    DSC00897.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC00898.JPG
    DSC00898.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC00900.JPG
    DSC00900.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC00903.JPG
    DSC00903.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC00905.JPG
    DSC00905.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00906.JPG
    DSC00906.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0
Finally had someone send me an Innocase Active to mod.

Granted their batteries suck, their Innocase Active is pretty nice. Here are the results:

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

It's a bit more of a pain to mod than the regular cases, so I'll do these for $30. That includes shipping back to you, but you need to send me the case. I will not order the case myself.

Upvote 0
Finally had someone send me an Innocase Active to mod.

Granted their batteries suck, their Innocase Active is pretty nice. Here are the results:

It's a bit more of a pain to mod than the regular cases, so I'll do these for $30. That includes shipping back to you, but you need to send me the case. I will not order the case myself.

That looks great!

Upvote 0
Thanks for modding my case. It looks GREAT!!!

Anyone interested in these cases, should not hesitate to do so. I could not be happier.

Thanks, man. Just want to apologize anyone who has had to wait a little longer than normal, lately. I've been busy with my other full time obligations. I assure you, I will get out the cases ASAP. I try my best to give you a clean cut product.

Upvote 0
Has anyone actually asked you to mod the white active case yet?
Also, If I was to send you the active in anticipation of getting a 2150 battery, would the case still work without the extended battery? (can you post a pic of the case with the stock battery on but the modded case? I would also appreciate it if the user who had his active case modded would do the same so I can see what the silicone underneath looks like with the stock battery)
Thanks

Upvote 0
Has anyone actually asked you to mod the white active case yet?
Also, If I was to send you the active in anticipation of getting a 2150 battery, would the case still work without the extended battery? (can you post a pic of the case with the stock battery on but the modded case? I would also appreciate it if the user who had his active case modded would do the same so I can see what the silicone underneath looks like with the stock battery)
Thanks

I think the gap is too big w/o the extended battery. It works, but it feels weird in my hand with the back of the phone sitting sunken into the case. The combination of the silicone and the plastic make the case that much thicker.

CaseMod-008.jpg

CaseMod-009.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones