• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC claim water damage!!

lucids

Jul 3, 2010
My phone recently began playing up, starting the car panel+ location app and then got stuck in a boot loop. Its only a year and a half old so was returned under warranty.

I got a call today to say that they won't repair it as there is water damage. They sent me a photo (see below IMEI removed).

I am astounded as i can see the damage in the pic but am perplexed as I know for a fact that i have haven't had the phone anywhere near water and it certainly hasn't got wet. Its kept in a plastic case and has a screen protector and i have never dropped it in liquid, nor has it got wet.

That begs the question as to what could have caused this damage and are these phones prone to this?

If something had happened to the phone I would have said fair dos but I know nothing did happen to it.

If anyone has any ideas or has had this happen to them i would welcome their comment.

I am now wary of purchasing another HTC as whose to say it won't happen again.

Attachments

• HTC DHD damage.jpg
    HTC DHD damage.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 59
yes i told them on the phone that i haven't damaged it but the CS chap all they can go on is the engineers report. They even replaced the volume rocker which was cracked before. What worries me is how did this happen? They said the 2 litmus detectors turned yellow from white and that there is some corrosion.

He also said this could happen from a change in temperature or humidity, I live in the Uk not the Artic or equator! Can't these phones stand the climate. The whole things barmy as I am so careful with the phone and am astounded and disappointed. :(

I wonder how many others phones are the same and they only find out when it gets sent in for repair...how do we know this isn't an issue with these phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones