• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire 310 big apks,games

terun619

Lurker
Aug 6, 2014
Hello, i must choosed this phone from some options and i thought that he has 4gb phone storage. 1.8gb free space was really bad suprise and impossible installing on sd card was even worse. So i rooted phone and hoping that link2sd or foldermount solve my low space problem. Sadly that didn't help because games cant find game file on sd.

Please is there some option how move apks to SD?

Also i wanted to play games like gangstar city, GTA SA, baldur's gate etc. because this phone has nice hardware for this. So is possible install this bigger games then my internal storage on SD?

I hope in solving the problem because the phone sucks in this condition.
sorry for my bad english

Yes, unfortunately the phone has an emulated SD card which completly disables app2sd functionality even if you have a real SD card because of a limitation (a stupid one, it's a coding mistake/overisght rather than actual software limitation) in the Android OS.

In time the phone will get proper support from modding comunity including custom recovery and alternative ROMs, which will fix this issue.

But for now, you can use the same workaround that I use.

You can use:
Link2SD to move apps to SD card (everything except the large OBB files)
Folder Mount to move the OBB files.

This works perfectly, but with one limitation: You cannot install apps larger than the stated free storage of the phone.

Example:

It says you have 1.8 GB free, but you use the apps to move everything to SD card.

You can install many 1.7 GB games which get moved to SD card, and your phone will still say it has 1.8 GB free.

But, you cannot install a 1.9 GB game.

Edit: Theoretically you can, but you need to get the original apk and obb files on your computer, and manually move the OBB straight to the linked OBB folder on SD card (FolderMount tricks the phone into believing that folder on SD card is actually on internal memory) and copy and install the apk manually, not through market.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a reliable and working method to download complete apks from market to PC.

Reactions: terun619
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones