• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire Black Edition in the UK

The HTC Desire HD wont work on 3G in Canada either?
It's quite simple:

Most of Europe uses 2100 MHz for 3G data. Canada/US uses 850 and 1900 for 3G data.

So any phone that does NOT have 850/1900 3G UMTS/HSPA will NOT work in Canada/US. Period.

The exceptions are if the phone supports 1700 AWS for data, then it should work on Wind Mobile and one of the US carriers (can't recall which one). Or if the phone supports 850/1900/2100 like the iPhone 4, then it will work in both Europe and North America.

Just make sure when you read the specs for a phone, you're reading the frequencies for 3G data (UMTS/HSPA) and not the freqs for GSM.
:)

Upvote 0
Thank you for the detailed explanation I really appreciate it :]

I was really looking forward to the HTC Desire HD but it's cool, I can wait for awhile...I think the Desire is a really good phone that will hold up for a long time. I just prefer the design of the HD Desire so it's not that big of a deal really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones