• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire - Call Volume Issue

I get same problem about call-in volume.
I restore the factory set twice,but doesn't improve
If update to 2.2, the call-in volume will be increase? for sure??
I still in 14 days with telus,can I exchange to new one? or just wait to update to 2.2 by telus?

I would exchange it ASAP. There is no guarantee it'll improve with 2.2. You got nothing to lose this way.

Upvote 0
has anybody installed froyo? I'm just wondering if it fixed the volume issue with the phone?

Telus released 2.2 a couple nights ago and I've had no issues since the update.
Granted once I had done a Factory Reset a couple months when the problem originally occurred it resolved everything. But to answer your question I've had no issues still on 2.2 :D

Upvote 0
ah ok, anny big changes that you notice on 2.2?

Hmmm.......Well for starters the phone boots up faster and is a lot "snappier". Everything seems to load faster which is great! You can turn the Desire into a Wireless Access Point now (been waiting on that forever) as well as some of the menus have been changed or reworded. You can Share Apps......there's a built in Flashlight now using the LED.

What else......ah you can not use a PIN or Password on top of the Pattern Lock. Also you can Rotate the screen left/normal/and now to the Right! The "send" button is no longer there in the messaging menus, Now it's a different Icon with another button underneath that lets you attach pics/files/etc to your messages more easily.

But yeah overall I think the performance and response time of the phone is what's increased the most. (And it was pretty fast on 2.1) It's kind of like going from Windows XP to Windows 7 (Just as fast, but more efficient and prettier!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones