• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc desire hd stuck on silent!!!

JayneSmith

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
I wonder if anyone can help..

I have a HTC Desire HD, which is telling me it's on 'Silent' ringtone. I have allocated ringtones to all my friends which call me regularly, however if an unknown number calls me it just sounds the 'notification' tone.

Going into settings / sound / phone ringtone (which is where I think the problem is!!)

I get the message "Sorry!! the application Sound set (processcom.htc.sdm) has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again..".. then I get a button to press that says "force close"

Anyone else getting this problem... If so.. How do I fix it?!?!?

Thanks

Jayne

Have you gone to settings/sound/sound profile? From the manual:

Switching between silent, vibration, and normal modes
To change back from silent to normal mode, simply press the VOLUME UP button.
To change back from vibration to normal mode, press the VOLUME UP button twice.
From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings > Sound > Sound profile.
You can also add the Profile widget to your Home screen. To find out how to add a widget, see “Personalizing your Home screen with widgets” in the Personalizing chapter.

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem, and i just fixed it!!Do the following...
Settings > Personalize > (scroll down) personalize sound > Sound Set > (click) New sound set , after this rename the folder to what ever you want and then change all the ring tones as normal.

It worked for me, so It must work for you!:) Alex.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones