• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire HD

No, I thought of that: just in case it had turned it off, I went through and turned the de-bugging "on" (I think it was on anyway); I've also tried it both when the connection is set as "charge only" (as MPE states) and "HTC sync" (as when I previously used MPE, the phone had to be set to that to make it work, not "charge only"....! No idea why!).

Many thanks for moving the thread; let's hope someone has an idea as having to manually sync my diaries is driving me nuts! :(

Upvote 0
I have the DHD (rooted and different ROM) and use MPE and found the 'new user' issue when I installed said ROM. My solution was just that, to create a new user and carry on. All was fine - though I double checked my settings before I synced for the first time, just in case ..... :eek:

I connect via wifi though. Set my router to always give my phone the same ip address (it checks the mac address for this) and set MPE to start as soon as wifi is connected to my home network. Makes things so much easier than using a cable.

I did use a cable to start with though. Maybe your cable is the problem? I was using a genuine Nokia cable and all was fine with it. But when I rooted the DHD it didn't seem to connect very well. I swapped it for the HTC one (from the mains charger) and that worked fine. Or maybe the USB port you're using?

You could also try the MPE forum over at ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... but please 'search' first .... :D

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
I see HTC issued an overnight update to sync driver last night (Jan 18) which included "fixing" compatability and media uptake issues. They must have known the 2.3.5. update has caused huge sync problems with many users saying they get a continual "fail to mount/unmount" error when they try to sync the gallery and music from computer to deisre by HTC Sync. Why release the upadte without making sure that accompanying sync works with all phones? less haste more expertise?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones