htc desire home screen after 2.2 update

1. edcam33

edcam33 New Member

hi, updated my desire last week with 2.2 and was hoping to get the new home screen interface,with the new icons at the bottom but all are still the same. any help on how to get the new screen icons?

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

To keep it simple..

What you were expecting the the stock Google Android interface i.e from the Nexus One.
    The Desire comes with a UI enhancement created by HTC called sense they have replicated sense onto the new version of Android hence why you haven't noticed any changes. All the under the hood stuff is there, you just have a prettier interface. You can change thins by using something like launcher pro but it sounds like you havent had the phone very long so would stick how it is for a bit until you get a little more used to it.

Don't mean for this to sound condescending by the way, just trying to get the facts out.

Hope this helps.
  3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

What nacatomi said is correct. You're looking at the HTC "skin" of Android v2.2.

Also, welcome to the forum! :D
  4. tehterminator

tehterminator Member

I have tried launcherpro, ADW, though I would like to have stock Android HomeScreen and Menu style as in Nexus One.

How is it possible, I tried to stop HTC SenseUI, but Seems that HTC has removed Launcher2 from new HTC Desire.