• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire memory issues

Bloss

Lurker
May 3, 2011
Hi there,
I have a HTC Desire, and its telling me I have low space, so I have deleted everything that I can, including old messages..
Now I am trying to get into my gallery to delete photos/videos and it comes up saying:
Your phone is low on storage space. Please free some space before using this application
I dont understand what I can do next.

When I restart the phone (which I have like 10 times), it comes up saying it cant identify my time zone... The phone has not been dropped and is in a very protected case

Can someone please help me? Its my partners phone I have borrowed and I'm scared I have broken it!!!

thanks in advance
Becc

You need 15MB free to install anymore apps or even update the ones you have I think.
Either uninstall unused apps, or there are some aps2sd apps that will move what they can to the SD card.
There are methods for moving apps without rooting - not sure how effective they are but I think they are fairly technical - there are guides in the hints section of this forum.
Finally the most drastic but most effective option is to root and use a custom ROM that supports aps2sd+
But it's a bit more technical and voids the warranty on the phone.

Upvote 0
Well given its your partners phone, I wouldnt recommend doing anything on their behalf to fix the issue.

Simply it ran out of space and thats not your doing. There are things that can be done, but I would recommend your partner looks into them if thats whose phone it is

Oh yeah missed that bit.

Leave it to the person who's phone it is ;)
You haven't broken it - Desires just suck for space to install apps as standard.

Upvote 0
Probably, it doesn't hurt to simply move a few apps to SD card. From a user perspective there is not much change, and this is a better option rather than uninstalling apps on a phone that is not yours.

Go to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications, select All tab and sort it by size.
Now click on the largest apps and see if you can click on button Move to SD card.
Do that for a few apps and you are good to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones