• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire on 3

It will come down to how long you have been with them. They made me a number of offers but I wasn't happy. For about 2 months at the end of last year my Blackberry was constantly roaming in central London which meant I lost internet connectivity. They did offer me compensation when I went through to retentions. I was with them for 2.5-3 years. In the end I switched to O2 Simplicity.

When they do have more tariffs, be sure to use everything you can to squeeze more out of them. Find the tarriff you want and ring the retentions team on 333. If you sound like you are hell bent on leaving (I was) and have been with them for a little while they make a lot of effort to keep you.

Upvote 0
Well, I rang 3 customer services last week about the Desire, just to see if they could spread any more light on it. Found a phone on my doorstep today Sony Ericsson T715! WTF!

Nowhere in my conversation with 3 did we ever discuss a different handset, an upgrade or a Sony Ericsson.

Not only that but when I phoned back they wanted me to pay for the phone to be sent back then reimburse me, they didn't want to send someone to pick it up! I convinced them otherwise but I plan to use as ammo against them when it comes to HTC Desireeeee!!

Upvote 0
Well, I rang 3 customer services last week about the Desire, just to see if they could spread any more light on it. Found a phone on my doorstep today Sony Ericsson T715! WTF!

Nowhere in my conversation with 3 did we ever discuss a different handset, an upgrade or a Sony Ericsson.

Not only that but when I phoned back they wanted me to pay for the phone to be sent back then reimburse me, they didn't want to send someone to pick it up! I convinced them otherwise but I plan to use as ammo against them when it comes to HTC Desireeeee!!

:eek:

the cheek ha ha

Yeah I would do the same mate.

Upvote 0
It will come down to how long you have been with them. They made me a number of offers but I wasn't happy. For about 2 months at the end of last year my Blackberry was constantly roaming in central London which meant I lost internet connectivity. They did offer me compensation when I went through to retentions. I was with them for 2.5-3 years. In the end I switched to O2 Simplicity.

When they do have more tariffs, be sure to use everything you can to squeeze more out of them. Find the tarriff you want and ring the retentions team on 333. If you sound like you are hell bent on leaving (I was) and have been with them for a little while they make a lot of effort to keep you.
I've been with 3 for just over 3 years and the gent i spoke to in the 3 retensions department seemed to think they would offer me a really good deal come the 20th. After the problems i had with my previous Hero which i wrote down in a couple of threads on the Hero forum, i'm still in credit for this month and next months phone bill from the money 3 compensated me with, so hopefully in the next month or so, prices/contract lengths will hopefully come down slightly on all the phone networks which will give me more of a bargining tool with 3. They are aware that i'm prepared to leave, i've already got my PAC number. Don't really want too as they've always provided me with the best service, was with the old One2One (obvs now T-Mobile) and 02, and used to lose signal making phone calls in central london which makes me a bit wary of "jumping ship".

Upvote 0
cheers for info Scarps and Frazmand
icon14.gif
. I must say, if 3uk think i'm signing up for a minimum 18 months and paying

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones