• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire on contract

HCFC Clark

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Hi guys, first ever post so be gentle :)

I'm looking to sign up to a contract that offers the HTC Desire for free, unlimited texts and internet preferably 1GB. I don't use minutes so not really fussed what it is (100 would easily be fine).

I'm looking to get all this for under

The orange deal includes 500mb also. I think your decision will come down to signal in your area and what each company's customer service is like. I've not monitored my internet usage since having the desire, so not sure if 500mb is adequate. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out with that though.

Upvote 0
I just worked mine out and I used about 400mb last month. I'm with t-mobile and it's 3gb unlimited with them. their best contract is 30/month though.

Like with virgin, not a load of crap dumped on the phone before you even start. I've seen an x10 and a desire on Orange and there's tonnes of branding on them.

Upvote 0
I dunno,maybe a couple of hours browsing a day.

By branding, I mean Orange logos and features all over it. Having said that though,if you know no different it's not a bad thing. it doesn't ruin the phone or anything. And if it was that bad I'd remember specifics, but I don't.

Upvote 0
I dunno,maybe a couple of hours browsing a day.

By branding, I mean Orange logos and features all over it. Having said that though,if you know no different it's not a bad thing. it doesn't ruin the phone or anything. And if it was that bad I'd remember specifics, but I don't.
500mb should be fine for me then, becuase no doubt i'll use it a lot at first but once it becomes a phone and not my new toy I probably won't us it as much.

Just a few more questions if thats ok?

Overally, in your opinion, what network is better; Vodafone or Orange?

Is it safe to buy off the websites I posted?

Say if the phone was to break accidently, would I have to pay for repairs?

Are you aware of a cheaper contract then the 2 posted?

Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I've no idea which is the best network. Each should at least have a signal checker on their websites to see if you're in a good area.

I've heard of both the websites, but don't know much more than that. I believe I'm right in thinking that regardless of who you use, your contract is with the provider (eg. orange or voda).

If your phone broke accidentally (as in, an accident caused by you), you'd need to pay for it. If it's a fault with the phone, it'll be covered by warranty.

I don't know of any cheaper offers. They seem to be the going rate.

It's been a long time since I got a mobile from anyone other directly through the provider. For peace of mind, I prefer it that way. From my experience, Virgin Mobile offer excellent customer service at all their high street stores, and I've been impressed with T-Mobile since I joined them.

You're committing to

Upvote 0
Tariff You'll get … Monthly Free Gift Selection Phone cost
badge-best-deal.gif

badge-best-deal.gif

badge-orange.gif

Orange Dolphin 25
(24 months) 300 mins Any
Network Anytime + Unlimited Texts
Push Email + 500MB Data
ajax-more-info-short.gif

Upvote 0
It's not just the megabytes in your quota, but the transfer speed. Reviews on mobile data I have read suggest that T-Mobile and Vodafone are significantly better performers than the rest. If you buy from T-Mobile you get 3GB of data per month, and even if you go over you won't be charged, instead your data speed will temporarily slow down. I think T-Mobile has the best Desire deals in the UK at the moment.

Ian

Upvote 0
Hi guys, first ever post so be gentle :)

I'm looking to sign up to a contract that offers the HTC Desire for free, unlimited texts and internet preferably 1GB. I don't use minutes so not really fussed what it is (100 would easily be fine).

I'm on 3, and I got the Desire with 100 x-network mins, unlimited texts, unlimited 3 to 3 minutes, unlimited (500mb) internet, Free facebook, Twitter etc access, 90 MMS messages for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones