• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire S / Vodafone

Elaine853

Lurker
Jun 9, 2013
Hi

I'm new on this site and just wondered if anyone could advise me on problems I'm having with my HTC S.

I like HTC but have had a lot of problems during the 2 year contract - I've mostly put up and shut up but this time I have contacted Vodafone. To be fair Vodafone relaced the phone within a day and I was impressed with the service but the replacement phone (still a HTC Desire S) is still having same problem of reloading everytime I change app or come out of Google etc.

I've contacted Vodafone and asked me to phone back tomorrow - she did mention that I have within the upgrade period but I feel they are 'copping out' of the problem. I don't want to upgrade just yet, I have 2 months left of my contract and if I upgraded now I would be left with a phone that isn't great that I cannot re-sell.

Can anyone tell me what 'rights' I have? The phone is still within it's 2 year warranty period but it they keep replacing my phone with a model that appears to have this common fault I am going to no better off.

Many thanks.
Elaine

Welcome to the Forums :)

Looking at the phone it doesn't seem to have much RAM 768 isn't bad but it isn't the greatest either. The HTC phones I had would need to clear cache every so often in order to work well. It seems to me that is the issue you are having. It would seem like vodaphone has done you a good job as far as customer service. I would recommend either waiting for your upgrade and putting up with this phone a bit longer or looking on ebay for a better phone that works with your service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones