• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

>>HTC Desire - UK orange/t-mobile signal<<

tomhunter

Nov 15, 2010
UK
hi folks, i recently set up the orange/t-mobile signal share and all was fine until i updated to 2.2 froyo couple of days ago. The last few weeks have been great with full signal thanks to the shared network and familiar 'R' above the bars.

Since 2.2 froyo i haven't noticed having a shared signal as before.

As the instructions from orange said, i have set 'Network operator' to 'Select Automatically'.

Anyone else experiencing similar probs? thanks

but remember that roaming will only allow calls, data will still be limited to your original carrier in this instance.
Untrue. If you allow data roaming, you can use data just fine on the other network, albeit only on GPRS. I'm on T-Mobile and can use data when roaming onto Orange. This is confirmed, as Orange data usage shows up as an unbilled item on my bill.

Upvote 0
Yes. At least that's what Orange say about accessing the TMobile network from the Orange side.
the phones is supposed to automatically switch to the strongest signal in the area. be that 'orange' or 'orange t-mobile'. but mine hasn't been doin this since my 2.2 upgrade. i have all the settings as they were before, i.e. auto network select.

Upvote 0
hi folks, i recently set up the orange/t-mobile signal share and all was fine until i updated to 2.2 froyo couple of days ago. The last few weeks have been great with full signal thanks to the shared network and familiar 'R' above the bars.

Since 2.2 froyo i haven't noticed having a shared signal as before.
If you just mean that the "R" no longer appears, that's probably an effect of the Froyo update. The radio firmware would have been updated at the same time, and with the latest radios the "R" no longer appears (presumably only for Orange/T-Mobile UK roaming).

Try manually selecting T-mobile and see what happens - I expect it will still work as before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones