>>HTC Desire - UK orange/t-mobile signal<<

Last Updated:

1. tomhunter

tomhunter Active Member This Topic's Starter

hi folks, i recently set up the orange/t-mobile signal share and all was fine until i updated to 2.2 froyo couple of days ago. The last few weeks have been great with full signal thanks to the shared network and familiar 'R' above the bars.

Since 2.2 froyo i haven't noticed having a shared signal as before.

As the instructions from orange said, i have set 'Network operator' to 'Select Automatically'.

Anyone else experiencing similar probs? thanks

Advertisement
  2. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

Check that your roaming. You will have been set to non roaming by default when you upgraded.

My Orange-tmobile, signal works fine, but remember that roaming will only allow calls, data will still be limited to your original carrier in this instance.

3. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

Untrue. If you allow data roaming, you can use data just fine on the other network, albeit only on GPRS. I'm on T-Mobile and can use data when roaming onto Orange. This is confirmed, as Orange data usage shows up as an unbilled item on my bill.

4. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

No problems at all, mine quite happily switches between the two, quite often, as the signal for both of them is not great around here.

Mine will make calls, texts, e mail and run Google Nav when using T mobile signal, even though my sim is Orange

Andrew

5. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member

I've a similar issue. Changed phone from a BlackBerry (which switched networks fine) to a Desire and now it only ever stays on Orange. Mobile network setting is on automatic as it was on the BB.

6. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

I hardly notice, but sometimes I see I'm connected to Orange T-Mobile, mainly when I'm at home where the Orange signal is very poor. Seems to work fine on my Orange branded 2.2 handset.

7. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member

I am on TMobile. Is there something i need to do with my operator (and also on my handset) to allow me to access Orange network. Do i only access Orange network then when TMobile is unavailable?

8. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member

Yes. At least that's what Orange say about accessing the TMobile network from the Orange side.

9. tomhunter

tomhunter Active Member This Topic's Starter

the phones is supposed to automatically switch to the strongest signal in the area. be that 'orange' or 'orange t-mobile'. but mine hasn't been doin this since my 2.2 upgrade. i have all the settings as they were before, i.e. auto network select.

10. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

You need to sign up to the share, there's a link on the T-Mobile website.

11. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

If you just mean that the "R" no longer appears, that's probably an effect of the Froyo update. The radio firmware would have been updated at the same time, and with the latest radios the "R" no longer appears (presumably only for Orange/T-Mobile UK roaming).

Try manually selecting T-mobile and see what happens - I expect it will still work as before.