• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire Z Vodafone UK permroot

kefan77

Lurker
Jun 4, 2011
hi,

I own Desire Z from vodafone UK, unlocked. I got rid of the Vodafone junk by loading a generic ROM using goldcard.

But the problem arised when I tried to do a permroot. I followed few guides, including Visionary some time ago, some of them 2-3 times and made sure I followed them absolutely word by word, but still no luck. I did not get any error messages or anything, just in the end, when the device was supposed to be rooted, it wasn't.

My details:

Android Version 2.2

Baseband version 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M

Kernel version 2.6.32.21-gd2764ed
htc-kernel(at)and18-2 #1

Build Number 1.34.405.5 CL273326 release-keys

Software number 1.34.405.5

Is there a guide/solution you would recommend for this particular device?

That would be much appreciated.

Also three OT questions

What is the best Desire Z rom for battery life?

Will the HTC Doubleshot be the successor of Desire Z or will it be other device?

Is anyone using Mugen 1800mAh battery in his Desire Z and what were the hour gains by swapping it? As I did not notice difference in battery life really.

That's the same firmware build mine had when I got it, and VisonARY r14 perm-rooted it no trouble. The most recent guide I know of is here.

As for your other questions....

I get the best battery life on CyanogenMod 7 (nightly 92), closely followed by Virtuous_G-Lite and the one I'm currently using, Senseless Desire. The original Sense-based Virtuous isn't far behind and is a big improvement on stock. Virtuous_Fusion, being Sense 3.0-based, isn't quite so economical.

I know very little about the Doubleshot, other than the G2/DZ port of its leaked ROM looked lovely but sucked battery. :) My spare battery is also another 1300mAh so I can't help re the Mugen, sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones