• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC DI and Corporate Email Servers

Pardon my ignorant question (the DI will be my first android). I assume it's possible to maintain my corporate exchange email and my gmail in seperate places on the DI (meaning, not integrating the two in one inbox). Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Drag the notification bar down from the top and it shows you how many messages in each account. When you press on your Exchange account name it will open only those messages.

Upvote 0
Set my Incredible up on the office activesync this morning...working like charm...no third party software to download and no extra charge for the verizon data plan.Push notification is immediate for email, contacts and calendarHTC hit a homerun with Exchange syncing

What about Calendar Invites? Can you accept?

Upvote 0
When setting up on DI, I get to a screen for email, contacts, and calender. Then, I get an error message that says:
Error
Failed to create account.
Please try again later.

Please help!

BTW, I am currently using Touchdown without any problems. This would lead me to believe that my Exchange Server is set up properly. I really would prefer to use the HTC Exchange program instead of Touchdown.

Upvote 0
BTW, I am currently using Touchdown without any problems. This would lead me to believe that my Exchange Server is set up properly. I really would prefer to use the HTC Exchange program instead of Touchdown.

Mine was a little tricky to setup I must admit. I had to play with server and domain settings on the DI.

Upvote 0
People, please consider corporate policies before forwarding your mail to other accounts and such. Companies lock down exchange access for a reason. With BB, they can remote wipe those suckers in the even of loss or theft. If you deal with any kind of sensitive data or could be breaking you company policy, check first!! Getting a new phone is not worth your job...

Upvote 0
People, please consider corporate policies before forwarding your mail to other accounts and such. Companies lock down exchange access for a reason. With BB, they can remote wipe those suckers in the even of loss or theft. If you deal with any kind of sensitive data or could be breaking you company policy, check first!! Getting a new phone is not worth your job...

Who is trying to go behind corporate policies?

Upvote 0

Also, FYI exchange can NOT remote wipe a blackberry. Only on a BES.

Upvote 0
I'm having some trouble connecting to my Exchange server. It does support ActiveSync, and I know there are a few non-BB phones connecting.

The "default" didn't work, I put my e-mail address and password in, and it said authentication failed. Please verify your username/password.

I made sure everything was good and went into the manual setup.

I did change a few things around hoping it would fix it. For example, I changed the server address from "domain.com" to "mail.domain.com" because if I want to access my mail through the web that's where I go. I also tried adding "domain.com" to the domain box. But I still can't get it to work. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow and hope our mail admin can figure it out.

==edit==

And of course, right as I post this I get it fixed. My username was set to the first part of my e-mail address (firstname.lastname) but my actual username is firstletterfirstnamelastname. I also had to remove the domain name from the domain box, but I had to keep the server address as mail.domain.com.

Upvote 0
I'm having some trouble connecting to my Exchange server. It does support ActiveSync, and I know there are a few non-BB phones connecting.

The "default" didn't work, I put my e-mail address and password in, and it said authentication failed. Please verify your username/password.

I made sure everything was good and went into the manual setup.

I did change a few things around hoping it would fix it. For example, I changed the server address from "domain.com" to "mail.domain.com" because if I want to access my mail through the web that's where I go. I also tried adding "domain.com" to the domain box. But I still can't get it to work. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow and hope our mail admin can figure it out.

==edit==

And of course, right as I post this I get it fixed. My username was set to the first part of my e-mail address (firstname.lastname) but my actual username is firstletterfirstnamelastname. I also had to remove the domain name from the domain box, but I had to keep the server address as mail.domain.com.

Not sure this will help, but these are my settings:

Email Address: myname@company.com
Server Address: mail.company.com
Domain: company.com
Username: first.last
Password: XXXXXX
I had SSL check and it would not work, so it's unchecked for now, but will fix later today.

Upvote 0
Also, FYI exchange can NOT remote wipe a blackberry. Only on a BES.

The assumption may have been that BES was in use in a corporate environment as that's the route to wipe BB's. At least that's how I read it.

Who is trying to go behind corporate policies?

Seems that many people offer the advice of forwarding your internal corporate email externally which can be considered a breach on many fronts and lead to termination. This is especially important in healthcare with HIPAA and not disclosing PHI.

Although on a bright note this HTC DI is pretty sweet. Just wish it had remote lock/wipe like our BB's. (I don't consider touchdown's version to be effective enough)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones