• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC doesn't sync my gmail

srpskizmaj

Lurker
Apr 2, 2013
Hello,

I wanted to start new thread about my HTC chacha phone as it has so many problems. I didn't even know but all problems my end up with the same solution flush OS. Anyway let me tell you my story......

At the begining I am IT so I am not noobe in the subject. I managed to fix blackberry and Nokia in the past :). This is my first try with Android.

This is my work phone one of the worst phones I ever received. Mainly it was aimed to use google docs emails etc. I run out of my phone memory very quickly as you know phone momory is really rediculouslly low. After about 5 months using this mobile phone I was asked to update my OS but I wasn't able to do as there was no enought space on my phone memory.
Phone started to crash from time to time. Usually Skype, 3D wallpaper, google docs. At some point I decided to update my OS normal standard way as I was getting asked that new update is available. So I decided to move some applications to my SD card to make some more space. That is how I lost NOTE EVERERYTNING. As it cannot be opened after a move. Then I started to get constant messages about various precesses stop responding like google play or some other crap. So I decided to uninstall each program which was constantly coming up with process not responding. I thought that I am gonna finally get rid of problem and in the future isntall apps back. After each program unstalled another program was failing. I ended up with couple of programs installed just. I uninstalled even Google play were I got now Market instead which I can't access either :(. process encounter a problem.
I was happily using my e-mails and skype which was getting very slow at some time. But I was still able to use it. Finally after few weeks my e-mails stop sinching. That is too much now. I was happy to live without some programs but now without google docs and google e-mails.
When I get to synch it says there is a problem with sinching. I tried taking out battery many times with no success. I actually get few e-mails synch when I take my battery out but they synch up to few days back so not really satifying me much :).
I then tried to remove google e-mail account to get rid of the problem and to readd it. I got message that my data is going to be wiped. Well all my data is on my SD card or synched with google docs so not to worry. Then suddenly I got messgae that this acion is impossible as there are too many things connected. To remove google account I need to perform fuctory reset which I didn't try yet.
Will factory reset get rid of all my problems or do I need to flush my OS.

Please explain how to get from here to get all apps fixed. I was thinking to do the hard reset of the phone but I would like you to tell me more about it.

thanks

A factory reset is you ticket. It will wipe your phone and all of the crossed links it now has that is taking your phone to it's knees. The reset will return your phone to it's original issue state. After the reset, one of the first things it will want to do is install the pushed upgrade that you lacked the space to do prior. You will then be able to repopulate your phone with the apps of choice from the play store and your gmail will sync as it should.
The reset will remove all things you've added to your phone. All settings, apps, texts, pics, tunes, etc that you've added since it's first boot will be gone. If there is anything you have on your phone that is precious to you, you will want to remove or back up for safe keeping.
I'm sorry you are having such a hassle. You will have a well functioning phone once you do a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones