• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Droid 4G LTE unmounts sdcard in mobile

Hi all,

I have a HTC Droid 4G LTE and I use the HTC Sync program. I have been experiencing a strange phenomena and need to know how to fix this. I copy my MP3 songs to my sd card using the HTC Sync software. Then I plug the USB into my mobile (has USB and AUX for speakers) and after I do, the car radio will load and play all my mp3 songs from my phone. :D
Today, I tried it and it showed the SD card as 'safe to remove'. I unplugged the USB and the phone showed "preparing SD card". Plug in the usb to my car and the sd card unmounts. So the only songs my radio show available are the phone sounds and not my MP3 songs..:mad:
Any suggestions? :thinking: (Oh, and yes I have USB debugging ON) and my default for USB connections is set for Disk Drive). My phone is not rooted so I cant use the phone memory to my knowledge (res or .goim folders)
Thanks in advance :egg:

I had a similiar problem but not sure if they are related in any way.
I received a picture in my text message. Typically you have an option to save the picture to your Gallery. When I tried to save it, I get an error message stating I have no SD card (? of which I do ; 16gb and half of it ismy music). After several tries, I went to the storage settings and it verifies I had no SD card installed and would not allow me to mount it. I tried to look for other options to correct the issue but only after a reboot did my SD card reappear! So far it only happened once. ... but it's got we wondering what could have possibly triggered that event?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones