• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Known Issues/Fixes

Masamune

Dec 10, 2010
Florida
After seeing a bunch of threads pop up over many of the same issues for the HTC Droid Incredible 2, I decided to compile all of them into a single thread.

I will update this thread periodically.

If there is anything you want me to add, feel free to pm me and I will do so.

Lets begin:

1. Clock/Alarm Clock not working - Factory Reset

2. Market crashes - Google the android market 3.026, download and install and you have the new market. If you want to install just go to mangae applications. (xda dev forums has it as well)

3. I downloaded Swype/SlideIt but it's not working - Verify that Swype/Slideit is selected in Language & keyboard options, long press in a text box with the keyboard open and select input method then select Swype/SlideIt keyboard

4. I make accidental calls when scrolling through people - Use Call Confirm

5. There's a bunch of bloatware on my phone, but I don't want to root it, how can I get rid of it

• Download LauncherPro
  • Hit home
  • Set LauncherPro as default home
  • Hit menu then preferences
  • Go to General Settings
  • Go to Hidden Apps
  • Hide the Apps you don't want to see

6. Stupid VZW stuff pops up whenever I plug my phone into my PC/Mac
To get rid of the verizon popup whenever you plug in the phone:

• Open the dialer.
  • Dial ##7764726 and tap Call. (If you run Call Confirm, you will have to uninstall it before you do this, then reinstall when you are done.)
  • When the password box comes up, enter 000000 (six zeros) and press OK.
  • Choose Feature Settings.
  • Choose CD-ROM.
  • Select Disable.
  • Press Menu and commit modifications. It will say "No item changed" but that's ok.
  • Now when you connect the phone, it won't try to install all that VZW junk.

Hope all of this is helpful!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones