• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO out of stock...

wow you guys must live either in the middle of no where, in a place where everyone has a smart phone. or not looking very hard... with my money being on the last one.....I travel alot for my job and every single BB, Sprint Store, and RS i walk into has a number of them in stock.

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on this. A friend of mine is looking for an Evo and not a single BB, RS or Sprint store I've walked into in NYC has one in stock. She's up in New Hampshire this weekend and it's the same story there.

Upvote 0
Supplies are hit or miss. Production and inventory replenishment isn't going to be reliable on Evo or any other phones until more screens are available.

These delays are what happens when JIT product management is 3rd party supplier-dependent. Wish it wasn't this way, but it is.

By the way, I read so many people claiming they were returning their Evos but that mass never seemed to make it's way back into refurbished/available supply in any great amount either.

Upvote 0
I called a bunch of stores around the NY westchester area. HA nobody has em. But one store allowed me to put down a deposit (last friday) and when they recieve the phone they will give me a call. They told me it should be in Tuesday or Wed of this week, and that time has come and gone...... I am switching from ATT to Sprint specifically for this phone....I just hope im not waiting forever and a day more

Upvote 0
I guess I just got lucky then. Went in to the local Sprint Store (in a strip mall) and placed order. Was told it would be about a week or two. Got a call three days later that it was in and I could pick it up. This was all about two weeks ago. For those concerned about the 30 window for new customers, I was advised that these people automatically get moved up the waiting list when one comes in. Not sure about how fair this is to longtime customers but I wasn't about to pass up the phone.

This is true. I called a sprint store at 9am the employee said they were getting several in at 10am, their normal delivery time. I went to the store and he said i had to be put on a waiting list, once he found out I was not with their service, they pushed me up to the front of the line and walked out 30 minutes later with my EVO! While he was setting my phone up other customers who were with sprint already were asking about the phone and they said they were sold out, even though they had 40 in the back for the people on the waiting list.

Upvote 0
I waited until this week to try and get one (being a HW dev., I know the kind of things that are worked out at the start of a build ramp), and the mall kiosk that I went to said that I missed their last one by 10 minutes. :( They expect more this week and took down my contact info to hold one for me and call me when the next shipment arrives.

They are still out in most places I've asked, but they are dribbling in and then selling out right away.

Hopefully I'll get one this week.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and a wannabe EVO owner. I live in the Houston area and have been scouring every place I can think of for the past 2 weeks, and no one has received any shipments of EVO's at all during that time.

Does anyone here know if they have been shipping any EVO's at all lately? My husband talked to Sprint on the phone yesterday and they just said they didn't know when they'd have any. If they aren't getting them, I can't imagine that anyone else is, either.

Upvote 0
I was thinking about asking the same thing. When I started looking for an Evo just under 2 weeks ago, the stores all said that they were out (one was missed by 10 minutes), but that they get shipments every week, so I left my name and number with several stores, and haven't heard back since. I've stopped by at a couple of them, and they say that they simply haven't received any shipments of them in all that time.

It really does seem that the shipments have been stopped for the past two weeks.

-Brew

Upvote 0
The Sprint stores and Radio Shacks around Indy tell me they are only getting 2-3 a week so it is taking a long time to get thru their lists. Most lists are 50-60 people long. And Sprint.com won't take orders because they don't have any to ship. I have called BestBuy but they are no help. I haven't had enough time to drive around to all of the BB stores. That may be my quest during lunch next week.

Upvote 0
Seems that radio shack gets their shipments on Fridays. No stores in the S.F. Bay Area have revived any since Aug. 6th. I have also been on a list for three weeks, and am stuck using a crackberry on the 30 day program. I hate this thing, and im starting to worry that my 30 days my run out before the evo is back in stock. Crossing my fingers and toes that tomorrow will be a great day!

Upvote 0
Seems that radio shack gets their shipments on Fridays. No stores in the S.F. Bay Area have revived any since Aug. 6th. I have also been on a list for three weeks, and am stuck using a crackberry on the 30 day program. I hate this thing, and im starting to worry that my 30 days my run out before the evo is back in stock. Crossing my fingers and toes that tomorrow will be a great day!

I am in San Jose and it's dry down here. No one has them. Some of the Best Buys are doing orders but you will need to put down $50.00 and they don't have a time frame on when they will get them. Most of the Rat Shacks I have called have long wait list and they are estimating anywhere from two weeks to two months till they are caught up.

Upvote 0
The Sprint stores and Radio Shacks around Indy tell me they are only getting 2-3 a week so it is taking a long time to get thru their lists. Most lists are 50-60 people long. And Sprint.com won't take orders because they don't have any to ship. I have called BestBuy but they are no help. I haven't had enough time to drive around to all of the BB stores. That may be my quest during lunch next week.

If you don't mind driving an hour north, the Best Buy Mobile store in the Tippecanoe County Mall may very well have them. They had the EVO Black when the thing first came out, and I picked up a Black and a White one at the end of July.. no waiting list or anything.. just walked out with 2 EVOs. I'd call though because of course their stash might finally be out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones