• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Explorer android.net.sip support for developing apps

Can anyone please tell me if the phone HTC Explorer(HTC Explorer Product Overview - HTC Smartphones) allows the use of the android.net.sip API. What I mean is, will writing an application using that API work out of the box on that phone, without having to root the phone or modify android OS system files?

If anyone has this phone and would be kind enough to try a demo application like SipDemo or better yet try calling the static methods isApiSupported and isVoipSupported of the SipManager class to see if the API can be accessed, I would appreciate it very much.

To spare you some time, this is an activity that logs if the API is accessible or not:

Code:
package voip.test;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.net.sip.SipManager;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.util.Log;
import android.widget.Toast;

public class SipTestActivity extends Activity {

private static final String TAG = "voip_test";

@Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);

if (SipManager.isApiSupported(this) && SipManager.isVoipSupported(this)) {
            Log.d(TAG, "supported");
            Toast.makeText(this, "supported", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
        } else {
            Log.d(TAG, "not supported");
            Toast.makeText(this, "not supported", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
        }
    }
}
I have also attached a zip archive containing a self-signed application that uses the previous activity code and when run, logs and toasts the status of the API.

Any help with this, would be much appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• SipTest.apk.zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 76

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones