• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero Music Issues

Abaddon

Lurker
Aug 13, 2009
Been battling the Heros music app to try and get it to function like a half decent player. Has anyone figured out why when you try to play an album by selecting the album, it plays it in alphabetical order instead of sticking to the ID3 track number tags, yet if you start from track 1 it'll play through fine? Also, how do you just see every album on the coverflow system rather than just the currently playing?

Finally, whats a decent music app that replicates some of Music's functions, especially the lock screen controls, in case its just unusuable?

Bump!

I'm also really interested in finding a way to browse albums in the coverflow part. The closest I get is browsing every single song, which is a pain.

The alphabetical listing vs track number is not a problem on my Hero. Maybe they fixed this in the recent ROM update. I don't know. I got my phone just a few days ago.

Upvote 0
Even though this is not a flaw, I understand it can be confusing.

About your complaint of tracks sorted alphabetically, that's because you are selecting your album from "cover flow" screen (the screen where you can flip through your album library directly within the music player screen). Within this screen, your basically just browsing all your songs grouped by albums in alphabetical order, and within each album, every track also is listed in alphabetical order.

If you instead, go to the "list mode" screen and then place the bottom selector to show your library by ALBUM, you will get a list of all the albums in your library. Choose any album from the list and tracks will be played in the order they are meant to be played as their original order by track number (this is because you're now making your selection under Album criteria (as opposed to alphabetical criteria).

As per how to show all of your music library in "cover flow" mode, you need to go to "list" screen first, then place the bottom selector to display your library by SONGS, so all of your songs will be there. You then press the "menu" botton and select "play all songs", and you will be taken to cover flow screen again, with every single song in your music library. Just hit the pause button to stop the music playing and flip through the album covers of your library. Keep in mind, both songs and albums will be sorted alphabetically.

Do I think this is intuitive? NO it's not. But hey, as I said, it can get confusing at first, but once you get it, it makes SENSE ('sense', get it? ;) )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones