• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero - Reduce Lag

linoliam

Lurker
Aug 17, 2009
I've been searching the net for ages looking for a solution to the lag experienced on the HTC Hero... but managed to solve it myself!

Apps like Taskill do the job to a degree, however, the only sure way I've found to reduce lag is to limit the number of apps active on individual screens. It doesn't matter how many apps you have running across the screens (e.g. flipping between them) but on each screen individually. I was running a clock (with weather), the small calendar, and a few app shortcuts on the first home screen and after limiting the screen to only a clock and app shortcuts (and adding a calendar on another screen), the lag was drastically reduced.

Anyone else have any success stories?

Reactions: Rxpert83
Turn off TouchFlo. It doesn't look as cool, and doesn't have pretty widgets, it is standard android, and it really makes it faster.

You will have to prize TouchFlo from my cold dead hands. :p

I find that apps downloaded from the marketplace have caused lag in some cases. For example, the Last.fm app keeps starting itself up so that it can 'scrobble' in the background. So I install it whenever I want to use and uninstall it afterwards. Unlike the OP though, after getting TasKill, I don't have too many lag problems tbh. Having said that, I removed the messaging and Imap widgets once I realised they were the biggest PITA with regards SenseUI lag. Every time they pull data, they affect touch screen responsiveness.

Here's looking forward to the HTC firmware update.
cheers.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones