• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero (Tmobile G2 Touch) Upgrade to new Software Info Please

Hi, apologies if this has been covered before, but there are so many differing articles and threads on various websites and forums that I got fed up of trying to work things out.

Having been away from my pc for a month whilst on holiday, I've not had chance to keep close tabs on Android issues, (and being on holiday I wasnt going to make special provisions anyway!) but here is the problem -

Whilst I was away, I received two notifications on my HTC Hero (TMobile G2 Touch) that there was a new version of something or other, both of which which I downloaded, and both of which made my touchscreen very unresponsive at times. Presuming that this was the holy grail Android firmware update, I took it into my local TMobile store on getting back home to ask them if it was possible to remove the 'improvement'.

The guy in there pointed out that there was a new Android firmware update available which when installed might resolve the issues, so he pressed a few buttons and started a download on my phone, told me to leave it running as it would take about half an hour, then restart the phone. However - the download wouldnt take effect as it needed 25mb free space to install and there was only 23mb available.

After going home and wiping a few apps to leave the necessary space, I cant find this download anywhere.

Has anyone got any idea where it might be?

Yeah, there's no actual button to start the download process again. Normally it would just check every 2 weeks, so setting the date forward would sort it.

You'll download the part 1 update, which preps the phone for the full firmware download (and also adds that 'Check for updates' button you've been looking for :p). Then you can download part 2, which is the full 2.1 firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones