• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible considering upgrade to GNex

I'll believe it when I see it. American carriers are A-holes when it comes to releases unless it's an exclusive.

And considering how the GNex release went down, even then I don't think the carriers escape that designation.

I have a hard time seeing a GSIII variant on Verizon within the next 4-6 months. Until CDMA is completely erased, Verizon will continue to get one-off phones specifically designed for them, many times after being on the market for months. Look at the stratosphere, that was out A YEAR after the Epic. And Samsung on Verizon has historically been a bad combination. Even the GNex is leaving a bad taste in some people's mouths. (Of course, like trophynuts said, many others love it, myself included).

OP, is there a reason you aren't considering the Rezound? My buddy has one and is very pleased with his.

Upvote 0
Hey all, thanks for the input.

I wasn't considering much except the G Nexus because I really like ICS, and the large screen. And of course the vast availability of third party development for the device.

It looks like the Rezound does have ICS ROMs available, so maybe that's a good option if no "better" phones come out on Verizon in the near future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones