• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Had it for 2 days and 22 minutes, 0 random reboots, charged twice (seems to last about a day with frequent fiddling... seriously, how could you NOT play around with new phone?).
I don't plan on switching provider, as I've been using Verizon for about 10 years, with no critical issue to make me want to change. That, and AT&T has almost 0 coverage here. If you are Sprint user, I suppose holding out for Evo 4G would make sense. But for Verizon users dying for newest, greatest phone (or just someone in need of new phone after 2 year plan is up), this is it.
Learning curve is rather steep for non-Android users, but hey, that's exactly how I felt when I first used WinMo as well. :)

Upvote 0
terrible network and even worse 4g coverage

I'll agree there 4g coverage is not going to be very vast but if you're in a city where it works then AWESOME, but Sprint is by far IMO the best value out there, and overall it's not as good as Verizon but it's cheaper and has good coverage. Sounds good, and I've got both Verizon and Sprint I never have a problem with either ever.

Upvote 0
After reading some of the threads on the Incredible, it seems some of you are having some problems as with any new cell phone these days. Do you plan on keeping the phone or taking it back. Random rebooting is not acceptable at all. What are your thoughts?

Sometimes they're real problems, a lot of the time its the user missing something or overlooking something, the mathematics of DI'S sold and new DI users make it seem like there's major problems... don't forget, discussion forums are like an HOSPITAL E.R. for cell phones.

Upvote 0
So is the phone kick ass or what? Im on Sprint with the Hero, I am having a hard time waiting for the EVO 4G. Is the Incredible holding up to all the hype? Is it the best phone you ever had so far?

Unless you live in a 4G coverage area, I'm not sure that the EVO would do you much good. Reports have shown that 4G is also quite the battery beast as well. You also have to remember that Sprint isn't know for their coverage and when you have to fall back to 3G... you're just using what Verizon has in place. =P

The Incredible is a fantastic phone. I was completely in love with it and dreamed of getting it for months. I now have one and yes, the love affair is fading. Not because it isn't a great phone, but because now I have it and I no longer have to lust after it. Having the phone is really great, especially for me. In another 10 months I can pick up the next great thing... or I can hold out again for an extra 6 months for something awesome to come out and hold me over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones