• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC M8 Camera Discussion-Show off your pictures!

Not bad hdr with this phone

Attachments

• 1407029955485.jpg
    1407029955485.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
When I was testing the cameras of the HTC One M8 and the Moto X (which I currently own and looks great), the M8 seemed to look better, and now that I'm considering swapping to the M8 (for various other reasons), I'm reading camera articles that are putting me off to it.

For instance:

HTC One M8: UltraPixel Camera Image Quality

I don't mind a lower resolution (less data size), but these weird aberrations in exposure and purple fringing and erratic processing... I just don't think they'll look good anywhere but on the phone.

Advice/experience?

Upvote 0
When I was testing the cameras of the HTC One M8 and the Moto X (which I currently own and looks great), the M8 seemed to look better, and now that I'm considering swapping to the M8 (for various other reasons), I'm reading camera articles that are putting me off to it.

For instance:

HTC One M8: UltraPixel Camera Image Quality

I don't mind a lower resolution (less data size), but these weird aberrations in exposure and purple fringing and erratic processing... I just don't think they'll look good anywhere but on the phone.

Advice/experience?

How do the photos in this thread look to you?

Upvote 0
Has anyone who is rooted or developing thought about activating that second camera as a regular camera? Is it possible?

I'm not sure what you mean by the 2nd camera, but I have a Moto X Developer Edition (haven't opened it yet), and since I can't have the double-shake open anything but the default camera (which does not let me lower resolution), I was thinking of cracking the code to allow that.

If I build that, I'll let you know.

Upvote 0
I have yet to be disappointed with the camera on the M8. Bottom line, if you aren't making large prints with the photos you take this is an amazing camera. If you are looking at printing out anything beyond 8x10 you should look for a phone with a better camera, or a dedicated camera.

You will find hundreds of shots in this thread with some amazing quality (especially some of the close-ups).

It really comes down to what you are going to use the photos for.

Upvote 0
And the camera compared to the M7 is disappointing you how exactly?

Sorry, I didnt realize we were only talking abt cameras. I dont know abt on-paper specs but the camera is the same of both devices. However front facing camera of M8 feels like HD unlike M7, but I rarely use it. :)

So yeah, camera-wise I'd say M8 is slightly better.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Picture taken of the plane I was about to jump out of the other day. Taken in burst mode on auto, focus fixed and exposure down to - 1.5 :)

Wasn't easy to take as it was brighter than the picture is showing so was getting a lot go washed out clouds plus a moving plane, made it a little bit of work :thumb:
yMJQlqH.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones