• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC mobile data togle widget on Virtuous 3.1.0

Gixxer340

Aug 29, 2010
I have begun experiment with ROMs and I am really impressed with Virtuous. One of the only problems that I have with it is that you lose the HTC mobile data widget and I used this quite extensively to manage battery usage on the stock ROM. I have tried a lot of the apps in the market that claim to turn off mobile data but none of them seem to work. I can still enable/disable moblie data by pressing and holding the power button and turning off mobile data that way but I really liked the convenience of the widget that HTC provided.

So, my question is, Does anyone know if you can install the HTC mobile data widget on Virtuous and if so where I can get the apk for it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jeff

OK, I now understand why I can't see the widget But I am unsure why or if I can fix it.

I am using a launcher created by Ihtfp69 and it doesnt seem to support this widget even though it is installed on the system. If I switch back to the sense launcher the widget is there. Make me wonder where launcher gets it's list of widgets to display to the user and if I can somehow get it to recognize the HTC power widgets.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Jeff

Upvote 0
@cincybearcatfan: what launcher is that/where did you get it? I'm running Virtuous 3.1 on my DInc (first ROM) and i just don't where to find things like that...RM seems pretty limited in selection.

Thanks!

Here is where you can go to get the ROM (Virtuous).

Here is where you can go to get the theme (IncredibleRevolution).

Here is the launcher I used from the page above^ It is Handcent.

Here is the same launcher but with Google Voice instead of Handcent.

Here is the same launcher but with a Browser.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!:cool:

Reactions: papasmurph
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones