• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One M8 on Virgin Mobile?

You'll need to buy a Virgin Mobile phone to use their network, they don't allow BYOD.

Even if you could bring your own phone to Virgin Mobile, Sprint makes their other MVNOs (with a BYOD program) wait about one year after the phones release before allowing it.

Though, if rumors are true, Sprint may be softening that policy of only allowing older phones, since it is claimed the GS5 will be coming to Virgin/Boost soon.

Upvote 0
Though, if rumors are true, Sprint may be softening that policy of only allowing older phones, since it is claimed the GS5 will be coming to Virgin/Boost soon.

Sorry, I was referring to allowing newly released phones through BYOD. I edited my above post to make it more clear.

Sprint has been allowing some of their MVNOs to sell just released phones for over a year. But with the MVNOs that have a BYOD program, they limit the ability to bring your own phone until it's around a year after release.

For the HTC One M8, the only way you could use it is if Virgin Mobile sells it since VM doesn't have a BYOD program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones