• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC one M8 stuck on HTC boot screen

Hi,

So short and simple:
I have a HTC one M8; I am new to all this and tried to manually unlock my HTC so it would accept any network. I used the Squabbis toolkit and followed various instructions on XDA. I managed to get through all that successfully and my device showed unlocked and S-On on my boot menu. (I now know that I had actually unlocked the bootloader)

I was today playing around on my HTC recovery menu as my phone would still not connect to a mobile network; I could get internet data connection etc but not messages or calls. This is when I assumed the phone was bricked so I again went online looking for a solution; I saw the instruction to wipe the dalvik cache which I managed to do; but then I turned my back for a moment and my 2 year old bless her had gotten hold of my phone on recovery mode; I don't know what she pressed but now I am stuck on the HTC screen whenever I try to turn the phone on. I have tried soft reset, factory reset, power down but nothing!

I think the phone was initially on 02; I bought it from gumtree.

I have no idea what to do! Someone has kindly suggested flashing a custom ROM as I currently have Team Win Recovery Project active on my phone so that's the recovery menu I get.

Any step by step guide would be very helpfull and very much appreciated.
20160112_225528.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones