• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc One S problems - Lag, non stop Vibration, Restart

Htc_One_S

Lurker
Sep 3, 2012
Hi, everyone I just bought my htc one s two days ago and I love the phone. However, some weird things have happened. The phone has restarted once on its own, has constant lags (once or twice) while playing games, and on one instance it started vibrating non stop while the screen was frozen on the settings menu. I had to restart the phone by holding the power button.

Now is this a problem with other htc one s users? I haven't been having problems for the last 24 hrs. I am still under 30 min talk time so I can still return / exchange the phone. But I thought I would come here first to see if this is a common occurance.

Also why is over half my ram used (430 - 440mb) when I restart the phone, only to get worst as I open apps up (>160mb).

No task killer. It was lagging during asphalt 6; usually when I crash into another car. It seemed to have happened when I would switch from say angry birds and than to another game. I guess it doesn't close on its own? I think it happens when I have to many apps running in the back ground. I just factory reset to see if it restarts or does the vibration once again. As for the lag is it pretty normal to lag?

Upvote 0
Yeah keep an eye out for a reset like before, if it happens often I would see about a replacement. Also good about not running a task killer, they don't help. As far as lag, for some of the more graphically intense games I can see it happening. I haven't really noticed it, but I don't play them that much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones