• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S stuck in boot loop and cannot access safe mode

Yorkshireal

Lurker
Dec 15, 2012
Hi!
My HTC One S which has been working well with no problems and suddenly has got stuck in a boot loop. It happened after I connected to a WiFi network that I've used before with no problems.

I've followed advice on this and other forums about how to boot up in safe mode and it doesn't seem to work:( I just can't find safe mode. I've tried holding the volume down button when the HTC logo appears and all I can get is the screen with recovery, fast boot, factory reset etc. my sequence is HTC logo, O2 screen, HTC logo again briefly, HTC One S screen with Beats audio at the bottom, then power off and start again.

I'm reluctant to do factory reset as I am worried I'll lose all my contacts. Everything else I could cope with losing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alan

Hi!
My HTC One S which has been working well with no problems and suddenly has got stuck in a boot loop. It happened after I connected to a WiFi network that I've used before with no problems.

I've followed advice on this and other forums about how to boot up in safe mode and it doesn't seem to work:( I just can't find safe mode. I've tried holding the volume down button when the HTC logo appears and all I can get is the screen with recovery, fast boot, factory reset etc. my sequence is HTC logo, O2 screen, HTC logo again briefly, HTC One S screen with Beats audio at the bottom, then power off and start again.

I'm reluctant to do factory reset as I am worried I'll lose all my contacts. Everything else I could cope with losing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alan

Wecome to the forums!! :D:eek:

I'm sorry it's not on better circumstances unfortunately. :(

First a little more information.

Is your phone rooted?
Did you recently load an app that might be responsible for the bootloop?
Are your contacts saved to your google account or are they saved under your phone?

If you're unsure about your contacts, go to a PC and open up your Gmail. Then in the top left hand corner you'll see the Gmail logo with a little down arrow, click on that arrow. Select Contacts. If your contacts are there, you don't need to worry about losing them, they're backed up to your google account. :)

If not, we may need to go another route. Let us know and we'll see if we can help you out. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones