• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One X wifi not connecting

karan2110

Lurker
Nov 3, 2012
I'm having HTC One X...Unlike people who are facing wifi signal strength problem with HTC one X...I'm having a Wifi connectivity problem whenever I download a new app from Playstore...

Yesterday I downloaded Kindle app...and my wifi disconnected after that....after some 5-6 days it would automatically go alright again....but till den it wont connect...

Please help me with this ....

I'm having HTC One X...Unlike people who are facing wifi signal strength problem with HTC one X...I'm having a Wifi connectivity problem whenever I download a new app from Playstore...

Yesterday I downloaded Kindle app...and my wifi disconnected after that....after some 5-6 days it would automatically go alright again....but till den it wont connect...

Please help me with this ....
Having same problem with One X plus. keeps searching, finds a wifi signal but immediately drops it. Someone suggested wiping the partition cache. looking for further info before I try. Please reply if you find a solution

Upvote 0
Sorry for crashing the thread but I didnt want to start another Wifi thread! I have a problem with my One X. Had it from new on O2 in the UK. Wifi used to work great, but over the past few weeks I have been having real problems connecting at home, even though its telling me I am connected and have full strength and signal. The Wifi symbol is fully lit, I can stand next to the router and when I try the browser or Twitter it just loads for edges then tells me I am not connected. Any ideas? Hoping JB will be released soon too!

Upvote 0
Sorry for crashing the thread but I didnt want to start another Wifi thread! I have a problem with my One X. Had it from new on O2 in the UK. Wifi used to work great, but over the past few weeks I have been having real problems connecting at home, even though its telling me I am connected and have full strength and signal. The Wifi symbol is fully lit, I can stand next to the router and when I try the browser or Twitter it just loads for edges then tells me I am not connected. Any ideas? Hoping JB will be released soon too!

Same problem here! Only started in last few weeks, notification area shows wifi full strength, but apps tell me different. I keep my 3G on all the time, but when the wifi is playing up the phone wont try and connect to 3G, presumably as the phone thinks it has a wifi connection!

Vodafone UK and ICS, unrooted.

Any solutions?

Upvote 0
You tried giving yourself a static IP greatsnoring? That can fix a number of WiFi issues.
El Presidente, you have solved my wifi problems many thanks. Sorry for delay in replying but I am normally one OneXplus site, not One X, thought I would post here as others seemed to be having same problem. Wifi now connects immediately and stays connected.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Have had 24 hours of wifi working well after changing to static IP address as suggested by el presidente. However..... wifi now connects quickly and stays connected but I cannot send or receive anything via wifi. Have tried switching wifi off and on again, going into airplane mode and out again. Have tried switching phone off and on, have tried switching away from static IP address, have tried "best wifi performance". According to my phone I have an excellent wifi signal (phone is next to Router) but cannot connect to internet at all. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
What's your router? Sometimes, Androids in general have difficulties talking to certain routers. Have you tried to update the firmware on the router? That's known to help too.

You could also use an app like WiFi Analyser to see if the wireless channel you're using is to congested?
Router is BT Home Hub 2.0, Have checked firmware and it is latest version. Have wifi analyser on my phone and it doesnt seem to have much other traffic at all. According to the analyser I have good wifi reading.

Upvote 0
Router is BT Home Hub 2.0, Have checked firmware and it is latest version. Have wifi analyser on my phone and it doesnt seem to have much other traffic at all. According to the analyser I have good wifi reading.

Hi, interesting that you have a BT Home Hub 2.0 I have a home hub 3.0 and have similiar problems see - http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-xl/660261-bt-home-hub-3-wifi-issues.html#post5302659

I haven't tried using a static IP address, can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Upvote 0
Hi, interesting that you have a BT Home Hub 2.0 I have a home hub 3.0 and have similiar problems see - http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-xl/660261-bt-home-hub-3-wifi-issues.html#post5302659

I haven't tried using a static IP address, can anyone tell me how to do this please?
Go into settings > wifi then click on the wifi point you want, click show advanced options, scroll down to ip settings and switch to static. If this isn't shown, disconnect from your wifi point, put in an incorrect password, then go in again with correct password and at this point you should be able to see the advanced options and set the static ip. You dont need to do anything with your router.

Upvote 0
Further to the above posts I seem to have sorted the wifi situation (for now). It worked best with a fixed IP address - see directions above for this. BUT for some reason my gateway defaulted to a different number. it should be 192.168.1.254 (with my HomeHub2.0) this changed to 192.168.1.1 and this was the reason why my phone would not connect. Having spent all morning on the HTC helpline to no avail apart from the advice to hard reset, I rang BT helpline and a charming lady in India sorted the problem out in about 2 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones