• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC or Martin Fields screen protector for the desire?

zafonic

Android Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2010
England
I have ordered a HTC protector for the desire but still waiting for it to be released for some 3 weeks or so now. Just wandered if anyone knows if i maybe just as better off ordering a Martin Fields? Would they be very much the same when it comes to quality etc?

Cheers

I've used the Martin Fields protector, and it seems fine. From what I can tell, the official HTC protectors have a small hole for the green notification flash. Quite a few people end up with air bubbles forming around this hole. I can see the green flash through the Martin Fields protector without a problem.

What might be more important is a hole for the proximity detector. Twice, since putting on the screen protector, I've found that the phone's display doesn't turn back on when I take the phone away from my ear. I don't know whether the official HTC ones have such a hole, but the Martin Fields ones don't.

Upvote 0
Had my Martin Fields protector on my Desire for around 4 months now, and over the last few weeks i have noticed many scratches just below centre. This hasnt been caused by me keeping my phone in my pocket and it being scratched by keys or coins. When the phone is off it makes no different to me, but when the screen is on it looks hideous.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar in around the same time i have had my protector on my Desire, which i have said is around 4 months now.

I was under the impression they were scratch resistant.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones