• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Phone went back to Market app after backing out Play Store update

Aldo23

Oct 30, 2012
My son updated the Google Play Store app on his HTC phone running 2.3X. He didn't like the update so he backed out the update. The phone then reverted all the way back to the Market app and the Play Store app is completely gone. Does anyone know how to restore the Play Store app? The Play Store app is not an app that can be downloaded the Market or Play Store. Is there a way of forcing the phone to request an update so the Market app updates to the original version of the Play Store app? I guess the Play Store app is a part of the Android package?

Aldo

I was hoping to not to have to flash the ROM to fix this issue but since it is an old version it might not be a bad idea. The phone is an HTC Droid Incredible 2. Do you have any suggestions of which ROM I should use? Please point me to a web site if possible. Also, if we want to revert back to the original HTC ROM, how would we do that?

Thanks
Aldo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones