• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC SENSE Locator and account discussion/help

To make it quick, I'm trying switch over to a new 3D. I still have the old one in my possession. I'm trying to log in to HTC Sense so I can sync my phone with it and it keeps telling me the password is incorrect. I then tried a password retrieval and HTC is supposed to email me the password just on case I'm using the wrong one. It's been hours since I've asked for the password. Hoe long is this supposed to take? Is there something else o can try to get this thing working?

Upvote 0
You'll need to reset your password if you can't log in, I believe, to get the HTC content. I went through them and I'm not all that impressed, to tell you the truth. I deleted most of them after install. I don't like how you can accidentally install a skin / wallpaper just by accidentally tapping on it. And their apps / widgets ask for way too much permission.

Upvote 0
There are many apps in the market that do the same and are free, and actually work b3tt3r, Mylookout is one of them, also is a Anti Virus app all in one, you can also disable the security and simply use the locator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-A5dqzV8HA

Now that HTC sense is closing and doesn't track phones anymore, how do HTC owners track and find phones.
or do they just go to Samsung for the next upgrade?
:)

Does HTC have any plans for an alternate service?

Upvote 0
I did a test run and so far it seems pretty good. THE Protection app can wipe, locate or alarm your phone, as well as back up your contacts. The location service is pretty spot on, although it takes a few minutes to hone in on the location (about 3 minutes). The app also gives you the ability to sound an alarm to your phone if you've lost it, even if the sound profile is set to silent/vibrate. Finally you can lock the phone and wipe the data, both which work excellent. If you have asurion through sprint, do yourself a favor and download this app.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
If you don't have Assurion, then Mylookout does the exact same thing, and they all pretty much take a bit to hone in, sometimes depends on location of your phone and GPS range.

I did a test run and so far it seems pretty good. THE Protection app can wipe, locate or alarm your phone, as well as back up your contacts. The location service is pretty spot on, although it takes a few minutes to hone in on the location (about 3 minutes). The app also gives you the ability to sound an alarm to your phone if you've lost it, even if the sound profile is set to silent/vibrate. Finally you can lock the phone and wipe the data, both which work excellent. If you have asurion through sprint, do yourself a favor and download this app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones