HTC Sync just WONT WORK!

Last Updated:

1. boch501

boch501 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I've tried everything I can think of.... disabling anti-virus and firewall... following HTC's troubleshooting, but nothing seems to work

I have the latest version of HTC sync, and my hero is recognised on USB. i've enabled USB debugging, and managing files on the SD card is not a problem, but HTC Sync just won't recognise that my hero is connected!
    Any ideas?

Running vista an Android build number 1.76.61.3 146733 CL#46012 release keys

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

Try to restart your computer and phone.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I'd also advise visiting HTC's support site and downloading the latest ROM update.

4. nem

nem Member

I had the same problem. Managed to get it to connect once, not sure how but it was along the same lines afonja suggested.

I've now decided I have no use for HTC Sync; this way i'm not annoyed by failing to get it working consistently :)

5. TicFan

TicFan Member

I'm having the same problem. When I start the HTC Sync programme I get a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark and the word ok but nothings else happens. :mad:

6. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

I think you'll be disappointed if you do get it working. It only does contacts and it does that very very slowly. I removed the app from the pc after trying it twice. Now I need to get rid of the bit that it left on the phone. Not sure what's wrong but I think you don't want to mount the SD card while trying to sync.

7. nielo

nielo Member

I'm another one who has stopped using it to sync contacts etc, but I did discover which precise applications I had to tell my firewall to allow - I posted the details around here some time ago. I also discovered I had to plug my USB cable into the PC first, then attach my HEro, not the other way around... Works every time now. I had to sort this to get the HTC ROM uprgrade to work.

nielo :cool:

PS: the applications to "allow" were: HTCVBTServer.exe & FsynSrvStarter.exe
    I use Comodo firewall, placing that in "training mode" sorted the problem revealing the HTC processes that Comodo was blocking, thus preventing HTC Sync from making a connection (and also, needless to say, the HTC ROM Upgrade application!)

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Had my hero for 5 days now - this is how I made sync work (YMMV)

Install sync on your pc
    Plug in your phone via USB (it should install drivers but the sync icon in the task bar won't light up and you won't be able to see your phone).
    With the phone pugged in, start the sync application on the phone and select 'sync phone now' (or similar - can't remember) this will then install more drivers. Until you do this, the phone won't be able to communicate.
    The phone should then be seen by your PC.

9. jfs1969

jfs1969 New Member

Are you using the original HTC cable?
    My Desire will charge and be an external drive with a std micro-USB cable. But it'll only sync with the original. Looking on wikipedia there is more than one spec cable, e.g. for devices where for some actions teh phone is 'master' and PC 'slave'.

10. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

How I solved my HTC Sync problems:

The HTC Sync 2.0.40 or older is not fully compatible to Windows 7 64-bit. I was having sync problem (going crazy for months actually) before upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1.

I was about to sell away my Hero..... Then I decided to upgrade to 2.1. With 2.1, you may use the latest HTC Sync 3.0.5422. It works perfectly with HTC Hero. Now my Hero has a new life. I am so glad I did not sell it away.

My previous post: