• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Weather Widget: Set default location?

Wavyhill

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
Is it possible to disable the 'my location' setting on the HTC Weather Widget?

I frequently go to areas where there is no weather data available and would prefer it to stay on, say, London. But I can't see any way of doing this.

I have an unrooted O2 Desire on 2.1.

Apols if this has been raised before, but I've searched everywhere and can't find a solution.

This is the kind of weird rubbish that makes me hesitate to recommend an android phone to a non techie friend.

you would think that loading the weather, hitting the menu button & selecting settings would be the way to change locations, but noooo.

Instead the only way to do it is to remove & re-add the widget to your desktop again. after choosing which widget to use it asks you what location to use.

On the other hand, it does mean you can add several widgets with different locations at the same time which is kinda cool.

Reactions: pointy and nissky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones