• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Widgets disappeared after 2.1 upgrade

rachelhs

Lurker
Jan 19, 2011
hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I recently upgraded my phone to 2.1 upgrade 1. I didn't notice any error messages, but the HTC wdigets have been removed from the phone. Not only have they disappeared from the screen, but they are not available in the Widgets directory. I do have some HTC widgets (e.g. Notes, Dice, Tip Calculator!), but all the useful ones, such as the clock, weather, mobile and wifi on/off buttons have disappeared.

Is there any way that I can get these back (I'm quite happy to attempt to reinstall the upgrade, but I cannot see how to do this).

Thanks

I've heard of this happening quite a few times. As far as I can remember, you have to perform a factory reset to get them to show up again.

You may want to wait for somebody to confirm this though; it would be a pain to do a factory reset if I was wrong/there's an easier fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones