• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Widgets

SJMarty

Jul 12, 2011
Hi,

I have an unrooted MyTouch 4G. I am trying to download the suite of widgets by HTC. To do this, I first long tap the home screen to add a new widget. I then select the "Get more widgets" option. I have been able to download all but five of the widgets. When I try and download Fake Call, Quick Record, Sand Timer, Tasks, or Tip Calculator, the download appears to start and finish but when it should start installing, there's only a quick blip on the notification bar and it does not install.

Does anyone else see this same behavior? Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks.

-Steve

I would try rebooting, sometimes you can have issues when the picker does that.

Remember, when you reboot you want to give it about 3 minutes for everything to load properly before you navigate anywhere. Make sure you don't have a task killer running (that will stop anything from working). Go to widgets and select one download and see how it goes, don't do anything else before this to ensure other functioning apps don't interfere with the download.

(If there are other apps that are force closing for some reason or another that use the network for downloading wallpapers or anything it will cause the downloader to fail until the app is stopped in Application Manager > Running.)

Upvote 0
ditto. Tried restarting many times. Tried shutting down and letting it sit for a while, then starting it and letting it sit for a while. No use.

Tried going through all the apps, force-closing any that are related to download or sync or update, clearing all thier data, too. Still no use.

HTC totally screwed up something. this is elementary functionality that has wasted a good hour of my time trying to just click on a silly widget.

-2 points for HTC Q/A

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones