• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC wont boot after root

Louisw

Lurker
Jan 3, 2015
Hello,
I recently unlocked the bootloader on my htc sensation and then s-off using juopunutbears method (wire trick).
I have the 4ext recovery and tried to flash the superuser app at the end of following this guide - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1864053

What did happen was it was successful, and i rebooted the phone. However the superuser showed no apps so i went back into recovery, wiped all partitions apart from sd card and then reflashed the superuser zip.
However when i tried to reboot it just stayed on the htc green logo screen until i take out the battery. When i go to "info" on the recovery it says unknown rom is on the device.
What is the issue? Shall i reflash a new rom onto the device? If so could someone give me a link to the stock sensation rom so i can get the device working again.
Thanks very much,
Louis.

The issue is that you erased your operating system.

And Superuser is not going to ever list any apps until you install an app requiring root access and then grant it privileges when requested.

If you made a nandroid backup, the first thing that you should have done before flashing anything after recovery, then do a nandroid restore.

If not, yeah, you need to install a rom because you erased yours - we don't seem to have anything current listed here, you may be able to find one at XDA.

Make a nandroid backup as soon as you get your phone working again.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply! I've just put jelly bean rom onto it now, had to remove the sd card, put into other sd etc as i couldn't access it directly from my device as a disk drive as it wouldn't boot. It's now booted thankfully and im currently setting it up. Which app should i install first, is there a list of recommended ones now the device has been rooted?

I'll be sure to nandroid back up.Thanks very much,
Louis.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones