Huawei as manufacturer. Are they ok?

Last Updated:

1. Flumme

Flumme Well-Known Member

Hi all!

Have been contemplating an upgrade from my trusted HTC Desire for a while now, and have found the Huawei Ascend D Quad XL to be extremely interesting, spec wise. At least if they have a removable battery...

However, on Huaweis Facebook Page, a lot of people complain about the company and its slow updates and fixes for known issues with released ROMs.

What are your experiences with Huawei? Is it a good idea to go for a from these guys?

2. Flumme

Flumme Well-Known Member

3. gta

gta Well-Known Member

yup they are good !
    Flumme likes this.
  4. dazeone

dazeone Member

Their phones have potential but are restricted by manufacturer. Custom roms optimize performance and allow you to have better experience no complaints on phone just some software issues
    Flumme likes this.
  5. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Huawei is steadily improving their products. I had the Ascend, it was ok for a cheap entry level Android at the time. I now have the Mercury (also known as the Honor in most of the world), and i'm very happy with it. The D-Quad looks to take Huawei to the true high end level if their in house quad core processor is all its cracked up to be. As for updates, the unlocked Honor was one of the first to get ICS. Its usually the carriers that are to blame for lack of updates.
    Flumme likes this.