• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei Y336 Flashing

asokaw

Lurker
Jun 16, 2023
HI All,
Hi,
Sometimes ago one of my family member used a small phone (Huawei Y336) got an issue which is stuck at Huawei Logo. It wasn't used last couple of years. Recently I found that and though to do a software update. Downloaded stock ROM and flashed through SD card method. It completed the process but the issue is still remains.
Can somebody help me to overcome this please?
AsokaW

welcome to af!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is the phone rooted? i do not have your phone, but what is the sd card method? how did the phone originally get stuck at the boot screen?

When switch on the phone it displays the Huawei logo and the opening sound, It is blooming Huawei logo for about 30 secounds and freeze at logo.
I've tried to replace the software by downloading Huawei Y336 stock rom and copied to a sd card. Please see the photo attached which I took when installing. But no result. Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• Y336.jpeg
    Y336.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Still I have the issue with phone
what have you tried? and to be clear, you are just stuck at the logo screen, correct? does it do anything else? like a bootloop? or is it just frozen at the logo screen? do you have a link to the firmware(stock rom)? that picture shows a process where it initially checks for root, how did you get to that screen? was it from adb? a program on your computer?

Upvote 0
what have you tried? and to be clear, you are just stuck at the logo screen, correct? does it do anything else? like a bootloop? or is it just frozen at the logo screen? do you have a link to the firmware(stock rom)? that picture shows a process where it initially checks for root, how did you get to that screen? was it from adb? a program on your computer?
Thank you for replying me.
As you wrote this Android is frozen at logo (Huawei) screen. No boot loop. It freezes just at logo.
When I googled the problem, found a method saying as, download the stock rom firmware, copy it to a sd card and starting from 'Power + Volume up' buttons. That comes to the screen which I posted earlier picture.
However process is going smoothly and completed successfully. And it ask to reboot. Yes, but it is stuck at the logo screen again.
Thats the story. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
HI All,
Hi,
Sometimes ago one of my family member used a small phone (Huawei Y336) got an issue which is stuck at Huawei Logo. It wasn't used last couple of years. Recently I found that and though to do a software update. Downloaded stock ROM and flashed through SD card method. It completed the process but the issue is still remains.
Can somebody help me to overcome this please?
AsokaW

Could be it's got got a hardware fault? Especially given this phone was a budget device and is nearly ten years old. Not worth repairing, and as it's a 2G/3G only Android 4.4 device, depending on your country and/or carrier, may not be usable anyway.

Reactions: asokaw and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thank you for replying me.
As you wrote this Android is frozen at logo (Huawei) screen. No boot loop. It freezes just at logo.
When I googled the problem, found a method saying as, download the stock rom firmware, copy it to a sd card and starting from 'Power + Volume up' buttons. That comes to the screen which I posted earlier picture.
However process is going smoothly and completed successfully. And it ask to reboot. Yes, but it is stuck at the logo screen again.
Thats the story. Any suggestions?
do you have a link to that method?

Reactions: asokaw and mikedt
Upvote 0
Could be it's got got a hardware fault? Especially given this phone was a budget device and is nearly ten years old. Not worth repairing, and as it's a 2G/3G only Android 4.4 device, depending on your country and/or carrier, may not be usable anyway.
How do I know that is a hardware fault? Let me know if there a method. Software replacing method completes successfully, I've tried three times. But after complete it ask to reboot, that comes to stuck at logo.
Yes this is a old 3G phone, I want to use this as a stand by one and only for voice.

Upvote 0
How do I know that is a hardware fault? Let me know if there a method. Software replacing method completes successfully, I've tried three times. But after complete it ask to reboot, that comes to stuck at logo.

I'm only going by what you've described so far. The only way you'd know 100% is to have the phone checked by a professional phone repair technician, who's familiar with this device.

Yes this is a old 3G phone, I want to use this as a stand by one and only for voice.

You'd have to consult your carrier for that. Depending on where you are, some carriers have ceased their 2G and 3G networks completely now, or are in the process of closing them down. When you might not be able to use it for voice.

Reactions: Dannydet and asokaw
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones