• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huge influx of Moto Droid commercials - this may mean...

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
...there are big and fast phones on the way.
IMHO - VZW is whoring the BOGO on the Droid lately. I have seen many, many Moto Droid commercials that the "DROID" sound makes me look at my phone all the time, LOL.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Just seems like they want to clear their inventory in prep for some faster and newer phones beyond the incredible.
Nick

Most likely trying to lock as many people as possible in contract, so when the new iPhone is released they won't switch.

We know there's a new iPhone, VZW damn will knows it's coming out. But the vast majority of "regular" people don't know. They know there will be one eventually but they don't know when. They don't know about the whole prototype leak fiasco.

Verizon is trying to get as many people locked on contract as possible to cut down the losses that will inevitably come when the new iPhone is announced and released around June.

Same reason AT&T is pushing some people upgrade dates up to June.

VZW also has the Incredible out and LG Ally coming out. They need to move units. But the Droid will still be sold. They just don't want their assets in a big inventory of Droids on their books.

Upvote 0
This isn't about selling phones...this is about selling a $30 data plan! lol

Verizon is riding the "Moto" train as long as it can and I don't blame them. I don't have any factual data to back this up but I'm guessing that the Moto Droid is still doing better than the Incredible. Android just passed Apple as the 2nd most used operating system...and the Droid is the most sold Android phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones