• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I am literally at my wits end, please help before i toss it!

If your devices still aren't being recognized, open windows device manager and while watching it, plug your device into the PC in USB debugging mode. We next need to verify that its at least being recognized as plugged in...even if its an unknown device. Look for any new entry to show up directly after being plugged in. Unknowns will show up as a yellow question mark most likely.

one of the many times i have done this there was an exclamation yellow to pop up...that meant it was the wrong driver, yes?

Upvote 0
i have and have both.. which one is best? or right i should say

Well, the .exe is easier but it seems you've already tried that without success right? If so, let's try to go the more manual route. We'll use the zip file that has all the driver files inside. Here's the plan:

-Unzip the whole works into a regular folder on your desktop. You can either unzip it into a folder of the same name or make a new folder with a name of your choosing.

-Now while watching device manager, plug in the phone while in USB debugging mode. Note the device that pops up as a yellow exclamation point. Then, right click on that unknown device and choose the option to update driver > update manually with your a file of your choosing. (I'm paraphrasing there, can't remember the exact Windows wording). Then navigate to the new folder (not the zip) on your desktop with all the driver files inside. Choose the ENTIRE folder as the destination of your driver(s). Windows will search the whole folder for the correct driver so you don't have to select a single driver file inside.

-If all goes will, it will apply the correct driver for adb/fastboot usage which, in device manager, should then show up as "adb interface" (or similar wording).

Reactions: jujubeads
Upvote 0
Well, the .exe is easier but it seems you've already tried that without success right? If so, let's try to go the more manual route. We'll use the zip file that has all the driver files inside. Here's the plan:

-Unzip the whole works into a regular folder on your desktop. You can either unzip it into a folder of the same name or make a new folder with a name of your choosing.

-Now while watching device manager, plug in the phone while in USB debugging mode. Note the device that pops up as a yellow exclamation point. Then, right click on that unknown device and choose the option to update driver > update manually with your a file of your choosing. (I'm paraphrasing there, can't remember the exact Windows wording). Then navigate to the new folder (not the zip) on your desktop with all the driver files inside. Choose the ENTIRE folder as the destination of your driver(s). Windows will search the whole folder for the correct driver so you don't have to select a single driver file inside.

-If all goes will, it will apply the correct driver for adb/fastboot usage which, in device manager, should then show up as "adb interface" (or similar wording).

YOU ARE SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME IM TRYING IT OUT NOW... I will message with the results!

Upvote 0

i forgot to ask... should i try this out on my phone or the gear? or does it matter? Positive end result lies in the gear though...:)

Upvote 0
i forgot to ask... should i try this out on my phone or the gear? or does it matter? Positive end result lies in the gear though...:)

Whatever u have driver files for and want a working adb connection with. You can use that method to install drivers for any device...just so you have the correct driver somewhere in that folder of course. :)

Reactions: jujubeads
Upvote 0

ok... drivers are installed and reflect so in the DM.... im so flustered i forgot what to do next...lol ive spent so many days just trying to get the drivers installed...lol i feel like a moron!

Upvote 0
well, the .exe is easier but it seems you've already tried that without success right? If so, let's try to go the more manual route. We'll use the zip file that has all the driver files inside. Here's the plan:

-unzip the whole works into a regular folder on your desktop. You can either unzip it into a folder of the same name or make a new folder with a name of your choosing.

-now while watching device manager, plug in the phone while in usb debugging mode. Note the device that pops up as a yellow exclamation point. Then, right click on that unknown device and choose the option to update driver > update manually with your a file of your choosing. (i'm paraphrasing there, can't remember the exact windows wording). Then navigate to the new folder (not the zip) on your desktop with all the driver files inside. Choose the entire folder as the destination of your driver(s). Windows will search the whole folder for the correct driver so you don't have to select a single driver file inside.

-if all goes will, it will apply the correct driver for adb/fastboot usage which, in device manager, should then show up as "adb interface" (or similar wording).

it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,
it worked,

i am all good now!!!! Can i pay you somehow!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones