• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I am looking for the UK 4.1.2 update

graham35

Nov 7, 2012
I am looking for the UK 4.1.2 update, I flashed the German rom at the end of 2012 and that is stopping me getting any Kies or OTA updates.

Does anyone know where I can download the UK version of JB 4.1.2, which when done, I believe will give me the opportunity to download future updates via Kies or OTA.

So I am guessing that I am looking for the genuine UK version, not the new German version.

Thanks for your help..
Cheers
Graham

Hi Im a newbie .... I got galaxy note 10.1 WIFI ONLY from O2 couple of weeks ago ..... Ive read that the JB is out for the wifi only in the UK but my note does not detect any ... OTA it says no software update and when i check thru kies it says that it has the latest firmware ... the build number is N8010XWALI4

any help will be much appreciated :)

Upvote 0
I am looking for the UK 4.1.2 update, I flashed the German rom at the end of 2012 and that is stopping me getting any Kies or OTA updates.

Does anyone know where I can download the UK version of JB 4.1.2, which when done, I believe will give me the opportunity to download future updates via Kies or OTA.

So I am guessing that I am looking for the genuine UK version, not the new German version.

Thanks for your help..
Cheers
Graham

Hi you can download the uk version of jb 4.1.1 from sammobile.com then the note will do the ota update to 4.1.2. I now it works as I have just done it myself.

Upvote 0

Thanks for your help..
Cheers
Graham

If you flashed a German rom that tells me your rooted? Are you rooted? If so, STEP AWAY FROM OTA.

It wont work and will probably crash your machine!

Upvote 0
If you flashed a German rom that tells me your rooted? Are you rooted? If so, STEP AWAY FROM OTA.

It wont work and will probably crash your machine!

It will not crash anything! It will just say OTA does not work. Besides, if need be, OTA can be installed on a rooted device too, not that difficult. German ROMs do not come pre-rooted by default, so that means he is or is not rooted. Stop spreading misinformation, please.

Upvote 0
It will not crash anything! It will just say OTA does not work. Besides, if need be, OTA can be installed on a rooted device too, not that difficult. German ROMs do not come pre-rooted by default, so that means he is or is not rooted. Stop spreading misinformation, please.

OTA's flashed as apk' s could crash a machine. I know because I've repaired one. Stop being so arrogant, please.

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks everyone for your help and advice (etc) I have installed JB 4.1.2 which I downloaded from Sam mobile and installed with odin. As a matter of interest to others, my N8010 shows as official, and is recognised in kies and therefore I expect it to update future updates OTA or via kies without further use of odins
Cheers
Graham

Upvote 0
It was the wording (You put the ota files on the sd and flash from recovery) I believe to be wrong as on an ota download you have no control as to were the download goes.

There are ways of dong it manually. The OTA is placed in a specific folder when it gets downloaded. Just postpone the install and then you can copy the zip wherever you want and share with others. Those others can put it on their devices and install from custom recovery. Root is required, of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones