• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I am unclear about how to proceed here

AndroidFan420

Feb 19, 2011
Manchester, NH
icon1.gif
How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock
How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazzaat xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

** step 4 is a my issue here run what script from where cwm? and what the hell do i do with the file i d/led? im confused**

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

**what directory??????? id love to find it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????** also clockworkmod recovery is coming up as v3.0.0.5 why is is diff from the v.2.x.x.x i used to flash icarus?

download the file MetroStockRecover and extract the folder to your desktop, next power off your phone and wait until you see the battery screen. Next hold Vol down end call button and tap power, you phone should stay on th huawei screen now. Next just open up the recovery folder that you extracted to your desktop and simply click metroPCSStock-windows.bat if you are using windows or if you have a mac than you would click metroPCSStock-mac.sh and let it do its thing, after it finish your phone will reboot, and your done.

Reactions: Burner
Upvote 0
download the file MetroStockRecover and extract the folder to your desktop, next power off your phone and wait until you see the battery screen. Next hold Vol down end call button and tap power, you phone should stay on th huawei screen now. Next just open up the recovery folder that you extracted to your desktop and simply click metroPCSStock-windows.bat if you are using windows or if you have a mac than you would click metroPCSStock-mac.sh and let it do its thing, after it finish your phone will reboot, and your done.
When I click it a load bar opens up that says copying then nothing happens.

After I clicked it its just been sitting on this screen.

Upvote 0

the file isnt compresed when i download it and as its a .7z file i cant open it at all what should i do

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones