• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I bricked it!

voxibanez

Mar 5, 2012
I bricked my EVO V 4g! I was trying to get S-OFF, and I was successful, but then I typed in this fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 for some stupid reason and now im 100% bricked. The screen wont turn on and when I plug it into my computer I get a diagnostic port (COM 6).

This forum post on Xda explains how to fix it.
[Finally Here!] HTC Unbricking Project - xda-developers
But it only supports hboot up to 1.50, and this phone has hboot 1.57.

Is there any hope for my bricked phone?

I bricked my EVO V 4g! I was trying to get S-OFF, and I was successful, but then I typed in this fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 for some stupid reason and now im 100% bricked. The screen wont turn on and when I plug it into my computer I get a diagnostic port (COM 6).

This forum post on Xda explains how to fix it.
[Finally Here!] HTC Unbricking Project - xda-developers
But it only supports hboot up to 1.50, and this phone has hboot 1.57.

Is there any hope for my bricked phone?

dude....get on irc....if you aren't familiar with it go here

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)
type in your nickname
type in #htc-evo-3d as your nick
when you get in there type _jmz_ and hit enter. that pings me to let me know you are in....

Reactions: Leslie Ann
Upvote 0
Ubuntu has a live cd that you can download and have a temporary environment just by booting from the cd if you just want to look around.

This. Download the ISO, burn it, and boot. Or you can make a bootable USB flash drive from the ISO, and run Ubuntu in live CD mode so it never ends up installing anything to your hard drive other than temporary files it needs to run off the USB key or CD.

Reactions: chadyboy81
Upvote 0
This. Download the ISO, burn it, and boot. Or you can make a bootable USB flash drive from the ISO, and run Ubuntu in live CD mode so it never ends up installing anything to your hard drive other than temporary files it needs to run off the USB key or CD.

can I use a external seagate hdd I saved and downloaded ubuntu but nowhere let's me run I opened it and opened the exe.time but days I already have ubuntu but its and empty folder I'm formating a disk now tho

Upvote 0
no luck I tried differant terminals ,methods norhing I got the same responce with git bash term on windows I'm just sending it back

I was using ubuntu 12.04 witch I kept on my laptop running side by side with windows but hey I finally got linux so it was my destiny I guess

If you still have your phone and need help PM me, I can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones