• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I cannot get music onto my phone, please help.

troy_af

Lurker
Dec 4, 2012
All I want is to put some music on my phone.

The htc sync manager will not download. I get the error message "installation of driver installers appears to have failed".

When I connect my phone to pc through usb and select disk drive mode it is not recognized by my computer.

My One X is up to date as is my pc, which is windows 7. Seems like many have had problems installing drivers for the sync manager, but i cannot find any solutions. Kinda wishing I had my iphone and itunes back now. :(

The htc sync manager will not download. I get the error message "installation of driver installers appears to have failed".

When I connect my phone to pc through usb and select disk drive mode it is not recognized by my computer.

My One X is up to date as is my pc, which is windows 7. Seems like many have had problems installing drivers for the sync manager, but i cannot find any solutions. Kinda wishing I had my iphone and itunes back now. :(

If you can't get the htc sync drivers to install, try these drivers instead:
http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

If those work for you, you should just be able to drag and drop or copy/paste music from windows in usb mass storage mode!

Upvote 0

have you tried doing a soft reset of your phone? this has resolved a lot of little issues - multiple times - for me. it's worth a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones